Top Rated Cosmetic Dentist in San Jose, CA
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are cap-like restorations that are placed over decayed and damaged teeth to improve the patient's oral health. These prosthetics are simple, pain-free, and effective. These crowns not only restore the teeth, but they also increase the strength of the patient's teeth, and their appearance as well. Crowns can be used in simple cases where teeth are chipped and worn out, and they can also be used in more severe cases of tooth fracturing. When the damage to the teeth is very extreme, the dentist uses porcelain crowns to make the patient's smile look brand new.
What are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?
Some of the benefits of dental crowns are:
- When the crown is placed, the dentist removes the decay and shapes the patient's tooth in order to fit the crown properly. The placement of the crown is completed within a short period of time.
- Dental crowns help the patient to have a fuller and more beautiful smile.
- Many people have unexplained pain from hairline cracks in the chewing part of their teeth. Placing crowns on these damaged teeth helps to relieve the patient's of their pain and significantly improves their dental functioning.
- The crowns help to replace teeth that are chipped, decayed, damaged, or worn out.
- They help to improve the alignment of the patient's teeth and in the process improve the patient's ability to chew.
- With the help of crowns, the patient's teeth are given more strength and their appearance is improved significantly.
- Dental crowns look and feel like the patient's natural teeth.
What are Dental Bridges?
Patients often need implants to replace gaps between their teeth due to various reasons. In such cases, dental bridges work to conveniently bridge the unsightly gap that affects the patient's dental health. Bridges help the patient to speak properly, eat well, and they also restore one's smile.
What are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges have a wide range of benefits like:
- They replace teeth that are missing and they fill in gaps between teeth.
- They protect the patient's remaining teeth from shifting out of position. This helps to protect the patient's bite strength. When teeth move out of position, it can affect the patient's smile and therefore dental bridges help curb this problem.
- Dental Bridges improve the appearance of the patient's smile. They match the patient's natural teeth and do not look out of place.
Dr. Andirious is a cosmetic dentist in San Jose who provides the best dental crowns and bridges. To get fantastic results and improve your oral health, please call our San Jose office at 408-997-9027.