Orthodontist in San Jose, CA
What is an Orthodontist?
An orthodontist works to treat problems related to patient's jaw, mouth, and teeth. The orthodontist diagnoses, treats and prevents dental irregularities. To ensure this, the orthodontist uses different devices to straighten the patient's teeth and also improve their overall appearance and alignment. Problems like crowded teeth, crooked teeth, or jaw problems are treated with the help of orthodontics. By treating all of these problems, the orthodontist helps patients to get a better and more functional smile.
Why is Orthodontics Necessary?
There are many different reasons why one would need orthodontics treatment, such as:
- To improve the structure of the jaw and the alignment of the teeth. Often, patients are not too pleased with how their teeth look and this can affect their self-esteem, in which case orthodontics can be a big help.
- Problems such asunderbites, overbites, crossbites, gaps between teeth, crooked teeth, and temporomandibular disorder can all be treated with the help of orthodontic treatment.
- Protection from gum disease, tooth decay, and problems with the jawbone. Orthodontics protects the patients from all these problems and gives them better oral health.
What is the Difference between an Orthodontist and a Dentist?
Orthodontists and dentists both work towards improving the dental health of their patients. The dentist treats teeth, gums, and jaw problems whereas the orthodontist works to align teeth and improve the patient's bite. Orthodontists are be equipped to treat patients with alignment problems, bite problems, and other related issues.
What are the Benefits of Orthodontics?
There are several services that orthodontists provide to their patients:
- They diagnose, treat, and improve the dental health of their patients.
- They protect the patient's teeth from bacteria and plaque that could harm the teeth.
- Teeth that are excessively damaged, chipped, or worn out are restored back to health.
- Even problems related to gum disease and damage are effectively stopped and treated.
- The patient's bite strength is restored and their face shape is improved too.
Dr. Andirious in San Jose is a trained dentist who uses the best dental technology to treat and improve her patients' dental health. To undergo a safe and comfortable orthodontic procedure, give us a call at 408-997-9027.