Cosmetic Dentistry in San Jose, CA
What is Teeth Whitening?
Tooth whitening or bleaching is the process by which the patient's teeth are restored to their natural shade or given a much lighter shade. This process involves the removal of extrinsic or intrinsic stains from teeth, such as coffee stains, calculus, etc. In the tooth whitening procedure, the dentist removes the stains that discolor patient's teeth in a quick and simple procedure. With the help of the latest technology, Dr. Andirious helps her patients have a beautiful and brilliant smile.
When do you Need Tooth Whitening?
With time, our teeth get discolored due to staining. Patients undergo teeth whitening in order to remove these stains. Some causes of staining are:
- Food such as berries can cause teeth to get stained over time. Many drinks like coffee, tea, and wine can also lead to discoloration of teeth. Color pigments, from food and drink, known as chromogens get attached to the patient's teeth and cause them to get stained.
- Medication can also have an effect on teeth and darken them over time.
- Aging can lead to the enamel on the patient's teeth getting thinner over time. When the enamel gets thin, the softer and yellowish layer called dentin shows through.
- Smoking and tobacco use can also have negative effects on teeth.
- People who injure their mouth in traumatic incidents might see that their teeth become darker in color over time.
How is Tooth Whitening Done?
During the procedure, your dentist takes an impression of the patient's teeth. This impression is used to construct a clear mouth guard and this has to be worn by the patient. The mouth guard contains a whitening agent that removes stains from the patient's enamel. The whitening agent present in the mouth guard does not affect the patient's tooth structure or any previous dental work. The whitening gel that is used is very effective and can transform the patient's teeth quite quickly. The effects of this bleaching procedure can last for a long time and make the patient's smile look brilliant. This simple procedure is very useful for patients who face problems due to discolorations on their teeth.
What are the Benefits of Tooth Whitening?
Tooth bleaching has several benefits:
- It helps to remove pesky stains that affect the patient's appearance and their smile. Teeth that are brown, yellow or spotted can all benefits from this procedure.
- The procedure considerably lightens and brightens the patient's smile.
- The effect of the tooth whitening procedure lasts for a long period of time.
You should consider undergoing a tooth whitening procedure to have a light, bright, and enviably healthier looking teeth. This procedure is easy and with the utmost care provided by Dr. Andirious, you will be amazed at how wonderful your teeth can actually look.
Dr. Andirious is a leading dentist in San Jose who leverages modern technology to provide you the best dental care. Call our San Jose office at 408-997-9027to book an appointment!